Thursday, December 16, 2010

Key Concept and Review by Jeff Rieckman

The part or concept of the book "Why Don't Students Like School" that I related to and liked was when they talked about a students memory. They talked about the need for a student to make use of their working memory and then being able to transfer that knowledge to their long term memory for later recall.
Getting teachers to utilize different or various teaching methods is the best way to accomplish this, more teachers need to get away from the "drill it" methods.

My thoughts on this book were that I enjoyed it. Seems like I had to hurry through it at times but it was an easy read. I found parts of it a bit repetitive but all in all it contained some great information on that should help out our students in the classroom. I have already recommended the book to one member of our staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment