Monday, October 25, 2010

Clint Book Cover

I chose this elephant as my book cover for the book on Why Students Don't LIke School.  I chose this cover because of the words listed on the elephant.  Words like student, lessons, behavior, ideas and individual.  These words just seem like words that can either make school very enjoyable for a student or draw them near a dislike for the educational environment.  From what I have absorbed from the book the general theme seems to be cognitive learning.  I also like the symbolism the elephant represents because at times, students may feel like they have the weight of an elephant upon them with the expectations and requirements expected of them.  In addition, since an elephant is a slow moving creature, generally speaking isn't that what education is from K-12, but a slow moving creature that starts young and grows to maturity into the end result: the successful student.

No comments:

Post a Comment